Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Still breech....

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This is how I will be spending my evenings...followed up by some strawberry ice cream.

We got the disappointing news today that Cash is still breech at 36 weeks. The doctors decided that I was a good candidate to try a version earlier then 37 weeks (the normal time to do it) so I will be heading to the hospital bright and early this Friday morning to have my stomach poked and prodded and try to turn the little sucker around. If it doesn't work, then they will schedule a more "aggressive" version the following week and I'll have to get an epidural for it. But hopefully that won't happen.

To try to ensure Cash's flipping, I've started trying out some old wives' tale solutions I looked up on the internet. Above is me with my hips higher than my head. I'm supposed to do this twice a day for about 5-15 minutes each. I lasted about 2 minutes in that position above and then dropped to my knees to finish out my time. Another method I read about involves playing soothing music down near my "lower pelvic region" to try to coax him head down. Ross has been tasked to put together a playlist for that one. The last one is to put a bunch of ice on the top of my abdomen - I guess to freeze him out. That doesn't sound pleasant so I think we'll wait to use that as a last resort.

I'm trying to stay positive about all this. Versions have a high success rate and apparently my doctors are known for how good they are at it. I just hope against all hope that I can prevent a C-section from happening so everyone keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey Hope! Please don't worry if you have to have a c/s. I had one w/ Owen and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. You're going to be such an awesome Mommy! can't wait to see pics of Cash! Love you! ~ Jenn

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Hope -- anonymous internet reader here.

Just had our baby on Monday (originally due June 4th like you!) and she's doing great. In our prenatal classes, they suggested sitting backwards on a chair and lean forward to allow gravity to pull the little one forward and down.

Good luck!