Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Friday, May 14, 2010

FAILED!

Friday, May 14, 2010
I've never failed anything in my life but today that is what was written on my chart from the hospital. Failed ECV or basically Cash could not be turned.

Ross and I spent a good 7 hours at NY Downtown Hospital today to come home with lame results. We got there at 7:30 this morning and didn't get put in a room until about 10am due to an insane amount of deliveries still going on from the night before. Once we were in the room, I needed to get a HepLock put in. It took the nurse two painful tries to still not get it right. Luckily my doctor is a good sport and just did it himself with one painless try and signed his name "Nurse Musalli" on the form. After some monitoring it was time to get down to it and get down in there he did. I'm not really sure how to even attempt to explain how they went about trying to turn Cash around but let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if it was used as a torture device back in the day. It felt like someone was dropped two bowling balls on my stomach and then rolled them around, pressing as hard as they could be pressed into my stomach. At points Cash was apparently pushing back against the doctor's hands so that was some extra special times.

The final result was that we did get Cash's little bottom dislodged from my pelvic region where he has apparently settled in for a nice little sit. We were really close to getting him completely turned around but he dodged and weaved out of Dr. Musalli's hands at the last minute. At that point I think they could tell by the little yelps coming out in between my deep breathing that I was done for the day. Still, there is some hope that now that he is a little turned he may turn the rest of the way himself. I need to do some hip raises to help him move around. My next appointment is on Tuesday where we can reevaluate if we want to try again, this time with an epidural so that I'll be more relaxed.

I'm pretty exhausted, sore and disappointed right now. I didn't really expect this to not work. But possibly he will move himself. And if he doesn't, then I guess being strong-willed isn't the worst trait for someone to have in their child.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hang in there mama! Soon enough your little man will be snuggling in your arms!! ;)

Bridget said...

Oh my goodness, move Cash, move! Good luck on Tuesday, I'll be thinking about you guys!