Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Baby Shower!

Sunday, May 2, 2010
Yes, it was that exciting and warrants an exclamation point. Back when I was about 6 weeks pregnant with our first sonogram of a tiny little nugget, we had our friends Tim and Jessica over for dinner. Jessica, being the awesome friend she is, brought a huge bottle of white wine for us to drink. Sadly I had to tell her that I could not help her drink the bottle because (and with great dramatic flair I pointed at the sonogram on the fridge) I was pregnant. After saying congratulations, the next thing she said was, "Well, can I plan your baby shower?"....

Little did i know that 6 months and about 30 pounds later, Jessica, along with Candace and Erica, would host the most adorable, lovely and amazing baby shower I have ever attended. They went with a safari theme since that is what Cash's nursery corner will be, made some insanely good brunch food, and even put some embarrassing baby photos of Ross and me around for everyone to look at. My mom was able to make the trip up from North Carolina which made it even more special and we Skyped my mother-in-law Mollie in from Texas for the present opening part. It was a truly wonderful day filled with many friends wishing me and baby Cash well and I can't thank everyone enough for planning and attending.

The fancy red velvet cake


Me, trying not to attack the food before the guests arrived


My mom!


My best friends from high school made the trip from PA


Ross made an appearance at the end, just in time to help me attempt to cut the cake. I did a pretty bad job on the first attempt.


Jessica, Erica, Candace and me - thanks to them for making it such a special day!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Of course I love this post! :)
Such a great day celebrating with you (and Cash).