Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Monday, December 21, 2009

16 week belly shot: sweat pants edition

Monday, December 21, 2009

*I look insanely tired in this photo since I took it after packing for our trip south for Xmas - although the terrible lighting in our kitchen is not doing me any favors.

Ahhh sweat pants. You will be my uniform this winter. Now that the temperatures are dropping at alarming rates, I find that my clothes choices are becoming increasingly limited. Gone are the days of breezy jersey dresses with ballet flats which would be lovely on my growing belly right now. Instead I find myself trying to wear those same summer dresses with tights that cut off my circulation or attempting to squeeze into a pair of old work pants with a extra long top to hide either the bella band or my brazenly unbuttoned waist. Thank god my friend Tina gave me a pair of her maternity jeans early. While I can still wear a couple pairs of my old fat jeans and most of my more stylish ones with the Bella, the maternity jeans are the most comfortable by far (and since they are Sevens, much nicer than my usual Old Navy uniform). I'm going to North Carolina this week for Xmas and expect to spend a fair amount of time maternity clothes shopping with Mom so I should come back with some more socially acceptable choices in work and weekend wear since I assume this is only the tip of a long, fat iceberg.

Belly Size: Still not terribly noticeable in clothes, but as I told my friend Candace, when I'm naked, you can definitely tell. And as I also told her, I will not be subjecting anyone to that.
Weight Gain:+5 according to the Dolphin Gym scale (not a reliable source - my gym is terrible). I recently bought a couple of maternity workout dvds. I fully expect Summer Sanders to lead me through a prenatal workout that will keep my weight gain minimal. If not, I might sue.
Cravings:I've been eating entirely too much sugar but really, that was par for the course before getting pregnant. Hot Cherry Peppers have also been frequenting the fridge and I'm still trying to curb my pizza cravings which have haunted me since college.

1 comments:

abruscia said...

You look beautiful! Hope you had an amazing Christmas and found lots of fashionable maternity clothes. Not too long until we find out if it's team blue or pink for little Hoss!