Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Friday, December 18, 2009

Do I need this? The Belly Bandit

Friday, December 18, 2009
Today I'm starting a new installment on the blog: Do I need this? I've had some down time at work the past few days so I've had a chance to research some of the things I've put on my "Baby Hoss To Do" Excel file. While I was checking on my OB's website for info on birthing classes (a definite need) I was surprised to find a link under the "postpartum care" section for this:



Though it looks like a cross between a Victorian era girdle and a medieval torture device, apparently this contraption is The Belly Bandit and I may need one. According to the website, The Belly Bandit will suck in my overextended stomach muscles, push out any water retention, and make me look like celebrity spokesperson Kourtney Kardashian in no time after spending 9 months growing a baby and eating an insane amount of chocolate. I've seen this thing before and thought it was silly (proof being the Kardashian connection), but if it is so silly then why does my OB seem to be recommending it. Now I'm just confused and slightly frightened about having to wear a weightlifter's belt immediately after childbirth and then continuously, even while sleeping, for 6-8 weeks postpartum (as recommended by The Belly Banditeers).

And if I get this, I will certainly not be getting the Kardashian designed black lace sexy version. I have my standards.

2 comments:

abruscia said...

I considered buying one of these, but didn't. Don't waste your money...I was back in my regular pants in 3 weeks. Seriously, if you want something tight, just go buy a girdle. Ha!

Lisa P said...

I wanted to get one of these, too! The recommendations I read looked pretty good. I don't think I'll be back to my regular pants in 3 weeks without help...