Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby Hoss at 13 weeks

Sunday, December 6, 2009


This past Tuesday it was time for another ultrasound, this time for Down Syndrome detection. I'm not sure if the amount of ultrasounds we have had in the first trimester is normal or not but it seems like we've had a lot. Not that I'm complaining. Any chance to see the gummi bear is ok with me. So as for the testing, we found out that everything is pretty much perfect. Apparently I am in the genetic percentile of 20 year olds as far as Down Syndrome and Trisomy 13. I will take any comparison of me to a 20 year old. The ultrasound tech took a long time which meant we got to see tons of shots of Baby Hoss. Hoss was moving around a lot and at one point, we are pretty sure Hoss waved to us. Also, at one point I thought I could tell the sex, but apparently that was just the umbilical cord. We did ask the tech if she could figure out what the sex was, even though it is still really early. She said that if she had to take bets, she would say that Baby Hoss is a boy but that we shouldn't take that as fact. So we will leave any real announcements of gender or names until we have confirmation at 20 weeks on January 19th.

Now I thought that I would have a 3D pic to post up here and at one point, the tech did switch over to 3D. I will not be subjecting any of you to it. Hoss looked like a cross between a monkey and an alien and something was protruding out of its chest which I have since come to learn is apparently the intestines moving from the umbilical cord to the fetus. It was disturbing enough that even the tech said "maybe I shouldn't have switched over." Yeah, maybe you shouldn't have Lady. Anyway, I have some cute pics of Hoss below, looking human and waving to everyone.

0 comments: