Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Useless Baby Buy of the Week: iCrib Sound System

Wednesday, January 13, 2010
One of the best things about pregnancy (in my opinion) is that it gives me a valid reason to indulge in my long-suppressed shopping addiction. Last weekend I went to Macy's for the sole reason of returning a pair of pants and came back with two bags full of baby clothes. When this would happen in the past, with bags filled with random clothing bought for myself, Ross would give me a look that said "why are you squirrling our savings away on yet another pair of jeans." But now, all I need to say is "It's for the baby" and it's all ok.

Besides clothing, I've been buying other random items, the latest being the iCrib sound system by Munchkin.


The iCrib works with various mp3 players (we'll be using an iPod shuffle exclusively for the baby) and allows you to play soft music set to a timer of either 15, 30, or 60 minutes. It also has a light show capability which is a bonus for us since our apartment lacks reachable outlets that would hold a nightlight. At the price of $20 on Amazon, I figured it couldn't be beat. The reviews were all on the "good" side with some notes about poor speaker quality, but for $20 I wasn't really expecting a Bose sound system so I figure Hoss can deal. Now I just need to convince Ross that we shouldn't exclusively play classical music for the baby. He seems to believe that it will make Hoss extremely intelligent and has plans of already hooking my belly up to his earphones every night once it is big enough.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I also bought that before Owen was born! It comes in handy for travel. Isn't shopping for baby so fun? :)

Momma T-Rex said...

Stop buying things - we need to buy them for you!! PUT IT ON YOUR REGISTRY SILLY GIRL!