Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Beaba Babycook!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ross's coworker and friend Chris surprised us with an early baby gift the other day and I was ecstatic. It's the Beaba Babycook and while I continually lusted after it with each new Williams-Sonoma catalog that came in the mail, I didn't really expect to get one. I had thought that I would do my best to make my own baby food when the time came, using our stove top and the tiny food processor we own, but in reality I knew it was probably a lost cause. Now though, I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to do more cooking on my own. The Beaba lets you cook, mash up, and eventually defrost all the food you make in one apparatus. Minimal clean up is key in a small apartment and the Beaba always seemed like the way to go.

The Beaba also came with a tiny recipe book divided up by the age of the baby. While most of the recipes look great, there are a few obscenely European recipes in there that look beyond foul. Whiting puree?! Really Beaba? I'm sure it is extremely nutritious but I will not be mashing up fish for my four month old to eat. Besides the fact that it just sounds unappetizing, it would smell up the entire apartment and that's just not going to happen. I'm going to have enough to contend with living with a boy and a baby.

2 comments:

abruscia said...

yay! This is one of the best gifts I got! I used it all of the time, and still used it every now and then for applesauce :) Check out this website if you ever have any questions, it's a great reference: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

Momma T-Rex said...

We are also big fans of the Beaba! I find myself eating more healthy too because I started eating cubed baby food since Ellie loves to feed us her food.