Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New photos and new shoes

Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Today Ross and I went to our 20 week checkup even though we were two weeks late. So I guess, technically, it was our 22 week checkup with Dr. Musalli. Our schedule is still off due to the holidays but the doctors don't seem to care so we figure it's all fine. Our last appointment was the 20 week anatomy scan where we got a lot of pictures, but Cash didn't cooperate for many of them and had his back facing to us. In the two weeks since that appointment, he's gotten a lot more mobile and for this appointment, he was hopping around in there the entire time. We got some great pictures of his face which was looking straight at us on the ultrasound. At one point we saw him open and close his mouth and we could clearly see the eyes and nostrils. Since he did so well this time, I decided to get him a little present on the way home - new shoes! I mean, that's what I always buy myself as a present for a job well done, or when I get good news, or when it's Tuesday. I found a pair of Robeez shoes with bulldogs on the toes. I read that you shouldn't put your baby in hard soled shoes until he starts walking. I have no idea if that's true or not but Robeez are all soft soled and beyond cute.

Here's Cash looking straight at us:


Here you can see his chin, mouth and nostrils clearly:


His heartbeat was "perfect" according to Dr. Musalli:


All in all, a great job with the pictures and well-deserving of some shoes:

2 comments:

http://nlaffey771S07.blogspot.com said...

I must be an idiot but I cannot see any chin, nose, or mouth. Is this some skill acquired by expectant parents, supersonic vision?

I like your mommy-to-be gear and heartily endorse any efforts to appear gorgeous in post-labor photos. Usually, these are pictures I quickly skip over, not really being a good liar and able to convincingly say, "You look fabulous" as is customary. However, that sushi robe is way ahead of most hospital coutour. Prepare to be smashing, dahling.

Anonymous said...

I found your Blog on Top Baby Blogs. Um wow, 500sq feet is crazy. Congrats on the little one coming soon.

_Kristi Maristi
kristimaristi.com