Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Saturday, February 13, 2010

24 week belly shot - Fancified edition

Saturday, February 13, 2010


Here I am before my big date night with Ross for our 10 year anniversary. As you can see, the belly is pronounced. Luckily, my flowy pirate blouse and heeled black suede boots helped me to not look too ridiculous out on the town. I would have to say that I'm pretty noticeably pregnant now although I have very nice friends who continue to tell me I am "small" and "don't look pregnant at all". To all of my friends - I appreciate it and I will also lie to your face when it's your turn.

I just ordered my last batch of maternity clothes so my shopping is complete. Old Navy was having a huge sale on their new spring stuff and since I realized I was going to be without clothes for the last couple of months (as well as the first few months postpartum) I went a little crazy with ordering maxi (that's for you Erica) dresses and nursing tank tops. And metallic silver ballet flats. Not exactly for maternity but they were cute. I made one last effort today for maternity shopping at TopShop, the London import that opened last year and that I hadn't checked out yet. However, on the one wall of maternity clothes they had, I spotted harem pants and made a beeline for the door. I figured any place that would actively encourage more volume in the hip and crotch area for a pregnant woman was probably not my style.

Cravings: Breakfast dessert, lunch dessert, and dinner dessert.

Weight Gain: +15. It kind of jumped at this past appointment but apparently I am very much on track. I neglected to mention how much dessert I was eating.

Belly Size: Large enough to notice however half the time I think the size is due to my constant eating.

1 comments:

Erica Duryea said...

YAAAAAYYYY!!! Love the pic, love the post, and especially love that you gave me a shout-out in it! Long live the horribly named maxi dress. It was great seeing you last night albeit briefly, and I can't wait to catch up on more baby news soon. P.S. It was amazing to feel your belly last night now that it is really taking shape, just loved it! xoxo