Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Friday, February 19, 2010

Like mother, like son...

Friday, February 19, 2010
In our small living room, I have somehow managed to compile a vast library of books throughout the years. Some are leftovers from my college years as a Lit major, others have been acquired through my participation in a monthly book club over the last 5 years, and the rest are impulse buys from Amazon's used marketplace. Most New Yorkers don't acquire and keep books - as my fellow book clubbers claim every time I come to the meeting with my own copy of the book in hand, it is simply a waste of limited space. However, for some reason, I treasure mine and can't seem to let them go.


(This is just one of what used to be two full bookcases in my apartment)

So of course one of the things that I've been trying to develop for Cash is his little library. I plan to start reading to him right away and hope that reading is something he enjoys as much as I do. Due to a big 50% off sale at Barnes and Noble the other day, his library is starting to take shape.

2 comments:

Jami said...

Ah, I love it. Hopefully Cash doesn't have a mean friend that makes fun of him for reading like we did :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope, you definitely need to get "On the Night You Were Born." I cry when I read it to Julia because it is so cute!
Happy Reading!
Amy O