Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter weekend crib building

Sunday, April 4, 2010
Ross and I stayed in town for Easter and decided it would be a good weekend to rearrange the bedroom and set up the crib that had been sitting in our kitchen for two weeks now. We also had to put together the changing table that we bought at Ikea so we figured it would be a long day.

We started the day by recreating an Argentine breakfast. When I was in Philly last weekend, Jami and Jessica were nice enough to bring me back some dulce de leche packets from their recent trip and I used it as an excuse to make a huge breakfast in the style that we received at the bed and breakfasts we stayed at during our trip in 2008. As you can see, it's pretty carb-heavy:


Then Ross went to work with the crib building. I don't have a lot of pics of the room yet because I want to do a post later on with before and after pics of the room once everything is complete to show how we are making it work in our small space. But needless to say, it fit, which is a good start. For now, here is the basic set up and the mobile that we put together for it. It's a Stim mobile -it's supposed to be good for brain development. Yes, I have become one of those parents already:






Today for Easter, Ross and I went to church and then up to Central Park for a picnic of KFC. Surprisingly, this is the first time in my pregnancy that I have had fried chicken but I have thought about it many times. It was a beautiful day in the Park and a great way to cap off the weekend.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys crack me up. I love the Argentine breakfast recreation. Nice work. Also, your Easter looked quite enjoyable. The crib looks fantastic! Cash is going to be super cozy. KFC...awesome.