Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Skype time with Daddy

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ross has been traveling for work this past week so this is the best way we have to get some Daddy-time in the evenings for Cash.  Cash is pretty used to Skype - we use it frequently to talk with Old Grandad and Beep Beep Baba - but it's not the same as having Ross home with us.  This is the last of his week-long work travel trips for awhile (though he still has shorter ones on the books through the end of the year) so for that we are thankful.  Unfortunately, I'm off to NYC for work next week so I guess it will be Mommy Skype time for Cash for a few days.

We often wonder about the effect that our work travel has on Cash since there hasn't been one month go by this entire year where one or both of us hasn't had some sort of trip, usually more than one.  I would say we travel more than any other full-time working parents I know and when I've described our situation to other people I'm usually met with faces of concern, or confusion, or the phrase "Oh, that's a lot".  I usually just smile and say, "yeah, well, neither of us really has a choice and Cash seems to handle it really well," and I can honestly say that's the truth.  Cash does handle it well for the most part - we always explain where we are going and how long we will be away and he doesn't seem to get terribly upset about it (more often, just a little mad) and he loves checking in with our daily phone calls and Skype sessions.  But I'm more than thrilled that we are under 24 hours until Ross will be home and I know Cash is too!

0 comments: