Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Thursday, August 11, 2011

TV Time

Thursday, August 11, 2011
I've been trying to introduce Cash to the wonderful world of tv for awhile now. I assume most parents try to limit the amount of tv their children watch but I embrace it. Not that I'm trying to turn Cash into a couch potato, but I feel like a few favorite shows is a good thing. Watching Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers and Pinwheel were essential parts of my childhood and I definitely want that for Cash. Also, sometime Mommy just needs a half hour break...

So I started scouting out some shows on NickJr and after some misses with the likes of Handy Manny and Chuggington, I think I finally found a good one. Every day at 4:30, Cash and I watch Backyardigans. There's lots of singing and dancing and cute stories with fluffy looking characters. When the theme song comes on, Cash screeches with delight and starts swaying back and forth to the music. It's his current favorite and for the half hour that it makes him happy and somewhat calm, it's mine too.

1 comments:

Sara Beth said...

How can he just get cuter and cuter?! I've never heard of the show, but I don't blame you for wanting to get him hooked on Sesame Street. :)