Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Monday, July 25, 2011

Big Boy Moves

Monday, July 25, 2011

Cash, showing off his skills

For a little extra fun at dinner tonight, I decided to give Cash a child size fork and spoon to try with his Gerber toddler entree. I figured it would be a fair amount of mess for me to clean up but I've read that it's about time for fork and spoon introduction (and I was asked by his new day care if he was using one yet) so I guess it's time to get better about that. I was extremely surprised but Cash was actually pretty good with them. He gripped it well in his right hand, made a scooping motion, actually got food on it without dumping it on the floor, and lifted it in the air as if to take it to his mouth. This is the point that it didn't make it to his mouth and he picked off the food with his left hand to eat, but still, I was pretty impressed. I guess I shouldn't underestimate my little man.

Also, Cash's vocabulary has really grown in the past few days. We had a Skype session with Mollie and Old Gran-Dad on Saturday and Cash cruised up to the computer, waved his hand and said "Hi" very distinctly a few times. This was the first time Ross or I had ever hear "Hi" come out of his mouth. Before this weekend, his vocab was little more than "mamamamamamamama", "Dat-ty", "BeepBeep" when we drive in his car, and "Uh-Oh". For the record, "Uh-Oh" is his favorite word by leaps and bounds and is said whenever something is dropped, intentionally or otherwise. Which happens a lot. This weekend though, we got "Hi", "Bye", "Head", and "Eyes" to add to the list. I'm also pretty sure he was trying to say "Dog" when we were reading tonight. So while we still aren't walking, we are talking up a storm.

0 comments: