Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 4 months!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cash turned 4 months old yesterday. I remember thinking when he was first born that at 4 months he would hit a bit of a milestone and be out of that still somewhat a fetus type state and be more like a real baby. He definitely has changed so much since June 12th and he is doing new things almost daily. This morning, he grabbed the mirror hanging from his activity gym using two hands for the first time. Yesterday, he rolled from tummy to back for the first time on the doctor's table. The list of firsts that have happened in the past few weeks seems endless.

And with this monthly milestone came a well baby trip to the doctor. We got a chance to check on his ear infection and it seems to be clearing up. We also got the standard weight and height checks. Cash is now 25 inches long (which is 75th percentile for height - yay!) and 12lbs, 13oz (the 10th percentile for weight - boo!) The doctor seemed to suggest that I wasn't feeding him enough and that he needs to get 5oz in his bottles at daycare. Since there doesn't seem to be any way that I can physically keep up with that demand, we are resorting to tricking him into some formula eating and mixing an ounce in with each 4oz bottle of breastmilk. Considering his general anger at me when I tried to give him a full bottle of formula the other week, I hope that the trickery will work and that we can gradually increase the ounces so that he will take formula when needed...like when I have to go away for a couple of days for work in January. We also discussed solids and Cash will be starting on some rice cereal this weekend. I hope he is into it so that I can break out the Beaba babycook and make some yummy pureed food for him to eat.

However, on another "mommy fail" note, apparently my grand scheme to keep him straitjacketed in a swaddle forever so that he will sleep was frowned upon by my pediatrician. She actually told me it was dangerous to keep him swaddled since he was mobile now and could roll over and not be able to get back around. So the swaddles will be packed away. He did ok with it his first night but I'm a bit anxious to see how it will continue.

Hopefully I'll get a better grade at the next well baby visit at 6 months. Until then, I'll be attempting to fatten up my rolly-poly unswaddled little man!

0 comments: