Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big Boy Shoes!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

*Don't let that adorable smile fool you. Cash was in no way happy with the milestone that occurred this morning.

Cash finally has real shoes. A couple of weeks ago, I was asked by his day care teachers if Cash had shoes. And it wasn't a question raised solely from curiousity- there was a bit of alarm in their voices. Now, I had never seen the point of getting Cash any shoes. For one thing, he absolutely hates having socks on his feet, so I assumed shoes would be worse for him. Secondly, most of the soft soled shoes I had bought so far just slid off of his tiny feet. I couldn't seem to figure out his correct sizing for the life of me. Finally, I had read that having shoes on a pre-walking baby's feet is actually a hindrance in learning to stand and take those first steps.

So yesterday, after a weekend of solid cruising and walking behind his new walking toy car I decided to get him some sneakers.

Cash is currently modeling some navy blue velcro sneakers from the Garanimals collection at Wal-mart. I also swung by Target and picked him up some closed toe sandels in a charcoal grey. When I put them on him this morning, there was screaming and clawing at his feet trying to get them off. But then I told him what a big boy his was now with his shoes and he seemed to smile. When I put him down, he just stared at his feet for awhile and poked at the shoes...and then crawled off at the speed of light to go play with whatever dirt was on the floor.

1 comments:

Amy@Garanimals said...

We are honored to have Cash sporting our shoes as his first pair of kicks. Hope he gets used to having his feet covered.