Our Kids!

Cassius Daniel:
baby

babies

Sunday, January 9, 2011

We're back....

Sunday, January 9, 2011
and now from North Carolina. Sorry for the temporary hiatus but moving is a lot more hectic than I thought. But we are all doing well and are loving our new home. I'll post pictures soon - our personal Mac had a bit of wear and tear happen during the move, specifically, the monitor is now completely jacked up and we are using it solely as a means to hook up to our television to watch new shows as we are now cable-less.

Just a quick update on our move - we all made it safe and sound and pretty much got out of NYC about a half a day before snowmageddon. Seriously, if we had left on the day we had originally planned, Monday the 27th, we may still be in LaGuardia. Cash and I took an early flight on Sunday the 26th and my parents braved the snowfall in NC to drive to Raleigh to pick us up. Ross and his cousin Sam loaded up the budget truck that same day and after a snowy detour down the east coast, quickly made their way west and finally showed up in Winston-Salem after 16 long hours on the road. The next day, after loading up some furniture and Ross and I buying a car, they headed to Wilmington where Cash and I followed a few days later after visiting with the family for a bit.

So we are now in our 3 bedroom house, enjoying a spaciousness we have not known in ten years, driving around town in our new Honda CRV, using a dishwasher to wash dishes and washing clothes in our own washer and dryer. Luxury, folks. I never realized how much I missed some of these things.

Cash now has his own room and is doing great with it. His sleeping has never been better and we have already had two full nights where he sleeps from 7-6. It's been amazing. Our house is pretty much set up with the furniture we have and some of the stuff we've procured since coming down here. We are still waiting for the desk for my home office but it should be here this week.

We've been having a great time discovering all Wilmington has to offer - walking downtown to go to lunch, checking out houses for sale in the neighborhood, and getting a membership to Costco (Ross is thrilled!). I've already found a great place to take dance class and Ross has started running again, but now he'll be running outside instead of in the gym all the time. We still need to get to the beach but it's been too cold so far.

Tomorrow, we both start back to work - Ross for his new company and me, telecommuting for my company back home full time. Cash is going to a great daycare about a 10 minute drive away. For the first time in a long time, we are looking forward to our (more comfortable) daily routine.

1 comments:

Lil Muse Lily said...

Hi! It's my first time visiting your blog. I saw the title and quickly clicked on because I wanted to advise you to GET OUT of that 1 bedroom. lol
We are still in a 1 bedroom here in Miami and Lily is already 14 months. It definitely has not been the easiest of times.
You are now in Wilmington, huh? We are hoping for a move in April to Raleigh. I too look forward to a 3 bedroom house.
Best of luck with it all and congrats!!
Claudia